A specially commissioned documentary has been launched to recognise the huge positive impact modern tramways can have in key UK cities. Featuring successful systems in the areas including the West Midlands, Nottingham, Manchester and Edinburgh, the film also showcases the economic argument for investment in light rail. Commissioned by UK Tram, the organisation representing the country’s light rail sector, it’s also packed with facts and figures illustrating the popularity of trams amongst ...
• The experimental TfL Braille Tube relief map (MappingLondon) • Why it’s good London has so many rail terminals (CityMetric) • Gas tax immune electric vehicles are a revenue problem (CityLab) • Hook of Holland light metro line conversion to open (IntlRailJ) • The modern armoured train (AndrewGrantham) • World’s best subway/Metro destinations unto themselves (NatGeo) • Finland to allow congestion charges in cities (Eltis) How Uber operates in London and why it is being ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Alan Griffiths on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (20:16, 19 August 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (14:45, 19 August 2019)
- AlanBG on Friday Reads – 16 August 2019 (14:02, 19 August 2019)
- Paul S on Monday’s Friday Reads – 12 August 2019 (20:02, 16 August 2019)
- Betterbee on Monday’s Friday Reads – 5 August 2019 (02:23, 12 August 2019)