In a first, a number of transport commentators and writers will be meeting in Toronto later this month for a social evening. Like the London LR meetups, these are informal affairs where the beer flows. All are welcome, and conversation is often as much general as it is transport-specific. Where to find us We will be in the one of the side rooms at the Marché Mövenpick at Brookfield Place (formerly BCE Place) at street level, 181 Bay Street, 647 350 6999. It’s across from the Hockey Hall ...
• Depressing lesson of west London’s lost cycle route (Guardian) • Gare du Nord addition ‘une grave offense’ to passengers (CityLab) • Senate moves temporarily to old rail station (OttawaMag) • ‘Smart’ Cities – not so fast (NYTimes) • Amtrak hopes to link Chicago & Detroit to Toronto (StreetsBlog) • San Francisco’s Depression-era Model City found (99%Invisible) • India now has 13 Metro systems (Quartz) How Uber operates in London and why it is ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Taz on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (01:04, 19 October 2019)
- Paul on A Short History of Crossrail 2: Part 2 – Underlying factors (19:12, 18 October 2019)
- Aleks on The Waterloo Link (18:56, 18 October 2019)
- 100andthirty on Friday Reads – 18 October 2019 (17:31, 18 October 2019)
- Littlejohn on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (14:55, 17 October 2019)