Austrian Federal Railways (ÖBB) is implementing environmentally friendly solutions to reduce CO2 emissions. The company develops the use of green traction energy, improves its infrastructure, invests in alternative mobilities. By 2050, ÖBB aims to become the CO2-neutral railway operator. A year ago, at the beginning of July 2018, ÖBB has achieved a milestone in its energy-saving and climate protection policy. The company announced the switch to 100 per cent green traction energy. “Our ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- JC on Crossrail: Progressing but slipping (21:40, 12 November 2019)
- AlisonW on Friday Reads – 22 November 2019 (21:18, 8 November 2019)
- Neil on The Rise and Fall of a Vision: Wrightbus Enters Administration (11:02, 8 November 2019)
- Aleks on London’s First Highway: The East London River Crossings (10:11, 8 November 2019)
- Littlejohn on Monday’s Friday Reads – 4 November 2019 (14:29, 7 November 2019)