As the Victoria line celebrates its 50th birthday, we look at a largely forgotten triumph of transport construction: Operation Umbrella.
Welcome to Reconnections’ Fridays: • London’s most stressful Tube stations (MappingLondon) • Ongoing saga of Berlin-Brandenberg airport (OneMileataTime) • Aerial views of the world’s oldest metros (QuickQuid) • Latest developments in mapmaking event (SchematicMapping) • Cities repurposing useless golf courses (FastCompany) • National Links: Concrete and Congestion Pricing (OverheadWire) • Global queuing philosophies (Quartz) • SimCity turns 30 (HumanTransit) • ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Snowy on The Queen vs DfT: Questioning the East Anglia Franchise (16:08, 21 August 2019)
- Graham H on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (14:35, 21 August 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (14:45, 19 August 2019)
- AlanBG on Friday Reads – 16 August 2019 (14:02, 19 August 2019)
- Paul S on Monday’s Friday Reads – 12 August 2019 (20:02, 16 August 2019)