As the Victoria line celebrates its 50th birthday, we look at a largely forgotten triumph of transport construction: Operation Umbrella.
Welcome to Reconnections’ Fridays: • London’s most stressful Tube stations (MappingLondon) • Ongoing saga of Berlin-Brandenberg airport (OneMileataTime) • Aerial views of the world’s oldest metros (QuickQuid) • Latest developments in mapmaking event (SchematicMapping) • Cities repurposing useless golf courses (FastCompany) • National Links: Concrete and Congestion Pricing (OverheadWire) • Global queuing philosophies (Quartz) • SimCity turns 30 (HumanTransit) • ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Ian on Third Ryde Tube: Transfer Troublesome (21:42, 16 November 2019)
- Garry Brown on Friday Reads – 15 November 2019 (16:03, 16 November 2019)
- Garry Brown on Monday’s Friday Reads – 13 November 2019 (15:51, 16 November 2019)
- ngh on Crossrail: Progressing but slipping (13:06, 14 November 2019)
- Dstock7080 on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (15:50, 13 November 2019)