As the Victoria line celebrates its 50th birthday, we look at a largely forgotten triumph of transport construction: Operation Umbrella.
Welcome to Reconnections’ Fridays: • London’s most stressful Tube stations (MappingLondon) • Ongoing saga of Berlin-Brandenberg airport (OneMileataTime) • Aerial views of the world’s oldest metros (QuickQuid) • Latest developments in mapmaking event (SchematicMapping) • Cities repurposing useless golf courses (FastCompany) • National Links: Concrete and Congestion Pricing (OverheadWire) • Global queuing philosophies (Quartz) • SimCity turns 30 (HumanTransit) • ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Greg Tingey on The Man Who Painted London Red (14:16, 22 September 2019)
- DaveN on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (10:07, 22 September 2019)
- Eric on Senior mobility crisis of declining options (08:34, 22 September 2019)
- Bob on Friday Reads – 20 September 2019 (15:14, 21 September 2019)
- Reynolds953 on Friday Reads – 13 September 2019 (14:50, 21 September 2019)