French officials have announced their decision to create a direct and rapid rail service between Charles de Gaulle airport and the Paris city centre. This project, which would help alleviate car traffic to and from Europe’s second-busiest airport, comes in the midst of ongoing efforts to cut down traffic congestion and air pollution in the French capital. Dubbed CDG Express, the project consists of a direct rail link that would run every fifteen minutes, from 5am to midnight, between Charles ...
Imperial College of London researchers have joined climate charity 10:10 to announce the Renewable Traction Power project, a pioneering trial of track-side solar panels to power trains. Funded from Innovate UK’s Energy Game Changers programme, the project also includes Turbo Power Systems and Community Energy South as partners. http://www.railway-technology.com/features/featuresolar-powered-trains-will-the-uk-seize-the-moment-5724901/?WT.mc_id=WN_Feat
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- C.J.Brady on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (23:42, 14 October 2019)
- IslandDweller on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (23:03, 14 October 2019)
- Aleks on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (16:13, 14 October 2019)
- Graham H on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (19:37, 13 October 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Diving into the Fleet Part 5: The Canary Wharf Years (14:32, 13 October 2019)