As anyone looking to properly understand London’s transport needs and network knows, context, background and best-practice are important. As readers might imagine, behind the scenes here at LR Towers we thus spend a lot of time sharing links and reading around the subjects we cover here.
We also occasionally share links containing good information about transport topics that we know we just don’t have time to cover. We also all, as authors, occasionally write elsewhere on this or tangentially related subjects.
This week’s reading list is below. If you’ve got something you feel we should read or include in a future list, don’t forget to email us at [email protected].
- How Cities Stopped Panicking About Fare Evasion and Made Transit Faster – Streets Blog NYC [I will do an article about fare evasion and perception vs enforcement on TfL services one day… JB]
- Consultation on draft guidance on Network Rail’s strategic business plans – ORR
- The Day The World Didn’t End – Lapsed Historian [Written by John Bull]
- These Old Bridges Will Become Inverted High-Rise Communities, Complete With Gorgeous View – FastCoExist
- The London Picture Archive [Be warned, many hours in LR Towers have so far been lost to this – JB]
- Who Installs the Mosaics on New York’s Subways? – NY Times
- Overhead Line Electrification for Railways – Railway Archive [An excellent free introduction to the subject – JB]
- Once Upon a Train (Railway Myths and Legends) – The Beauty of Transport