Setting our future direction – Outcome of the Comprehensive Spending Review I am writing to brief you on the outcome of the Comprehensive Spending Review (CSR), which was announced by the Chancellor in Parliament this afternoon, as it affects Transport for London (TfL). The headlines are that vital investment in London’s transport infrastructure and frontline services have been secured during one of the most turbulent economic times in living memory. Crossrail will go ahead, the Tube will be ...
Today has been a busy day at Whitehall, City Hall and the offices of TfL. It seems best to skip the formalities and head straight to the meat. The full report can be downloaded here (or purchased for £45 if you feel like doing your part for the economy). Crossrail Crossrail was, of course, the headline item from a Transport perspective. In short the Chancellor confirmed that the project would indeed go ahead. The report, however, failed to confirm full details. These along with many other ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Matthew Dickinson on Mind the Branding Gap: First Crossrail Services to Launch as TfL Rail (20:00, 10 December 2017)
- RogerB on In The Quest for Rear-Entrance, Is The True Routemaster Legacy Being Lost? (19:13, 10 December 2017)
- Latecomer on Friday Reads – December 8, 2017 (15:59, 10 December 2017)
- ngh on Kent Route Study (Part 3): Victoria Metro Services (12:47, 9 December 2017)
- Greg Tingey on Garden Bridge Review: Clive Walker Transcript (09:25, 8 December 2017)
8 December, 2017
7 December, 2017
6 December, 2017
5 December, 2017
4 December, 2017
1 December, 2017
30 November, 2017
- Original Birmingham tram fleet auction (Transport for West Midlands) on
- Mind the Branding Gap: First Crossrail Services to Launch as TfL Rail on
- In The Quest for Rear-Entrance, Is The True Routemaster Legacy Being Lost? on
- Friday Reads – December 8, 2017 on
- Kent Route Study (Part 3): Victoria Metro Services on