TfL has secured a deal with Aviva Investors to build a mixed-use scheme, above Crossrail infrastructure and opposite the new Liverpool Street Elizabeth line station Plans are in place for 12 major developments above and around new Elizabeth line stations and Crossrail infrastructure sites. Together, the development plans cover more than three million square feet of office, retail and residential space spread across the capital between Paddington in the west and Woolwich in the east. TfL has ...
TfL have today confirmed that Oyster Extension Permits (OEPs) are to be scrapped, most likely from the end of May. Brought in when Oyster PAYG was rolled out onto National Rail, the scheme required Oyster travelcard holders to place an OEP on their Oyster card if the wished to travel outside of their travelcard zones. The OEP system was largely put in place at the insistence of London’s Train Operators, who had long argued that an extension of Oyster to National Rail would raise the risk ...
Setting our future direction – Outcome of the Comprehensive Spending Review I am writing to brief you on the outcome of the Comprehensive Spending Review (CSR), which was announced by the Chancellor in Parliament this afternoon, as it affects Transport for London (TfL). The headlines are that vital investment in London’s transport infrastructure and frontline services have been secured during one of the most turbulent economic times in living memory. Crossrail will go ahead, the Tube will be ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- C.J.Brady on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (23:42, 14 October 2019)
- IslandDweller on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (23:03, 14 October 2019)
- Aleks on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (16:13, 14 October 2019)
- Graham H on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (19:37, 13 October 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Diving into the Fleet Part 5: The Canary Wharf Years (14:32, 13 October 2019)