Berlin-based company GEFERTEC has developed an innovative process that allows Deutsche Bahn to print heavy metal components for the first time. This will drastically reduce delivery times. To allow the company to produce a spare part at the push of a button, DB is creating construction templates for 3D printing from existing drawings and scanned objects. Deutsche Bahn started 3D printing – additive manufacturing – in 2015. It produced a simple, light grey coat hook made of plastic. There are ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- KeplerNiko on Friday Reads – 16 August 2019 (22:58, 17 August 2019)
- Mark Townend on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (19:57, 17 August 2019)
- anthony collyer on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (10:59, 17 August 2019)
- Paul S on Monday’s Friday Reads – 12 August 2019 (20:02, 16 August 2019)
- Betterbee on Monday’s Friday Reads – 5 August 2019 (02:23, 12 August 2019)