Bird, the scooter start-up that became a Silicon Valley unicorn seemingly overnight, wants to chip in to fund bike lanes in cities. Patrick Sisson at Curbed reports that the company has pledged to contribute $1 per scooter per day into a fund that will pay for projects that carve out street space where its users can ride without getting intimidated by drivers or aggravating people on sidewalks. The company urged other scooter and bike-share firms to do the same. Bird will also convene a ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- James Bunting on Operation Umbrella: Rebuilding Oxford Circus (06:31, 20 March 2019)
- Chris on 2018 Quiz: Results and Winners (01:54, 20 March 2019)
- ngh on A Study in Sussex Part 5: Up The Junction (14:47, 19 March 2019)
- Graham Feakins on Friday Reads – 15 March 2019 (01:42, 19 March 2019)
- Mikey C on In Pictures: The New Overground Class 172s (11:08, 18 March 2019)