UK Power Networks Services has implemented smart new electric vehicle charging systems to power UPS’s central London delivery fleet for what is believed to be the first time in the world on this scale. Currently, freight vehicles account for around one fifth of traffic in London. The Mayor of London’s draft Transport Strategy highlights how distribution centres in inner and central London, from where deliveries will be made by low and zero emission vehicles, will form part of the ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- AlanBG on Mind the Gender Gap: The Hidden Data Gap in Transport (13:40, 19 May 2019)
- Alan Griffiths on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (13:01, 19 May 2019)
- Greg Tingey on West London Line cocooned by Earls Court development (09:39, 19 May 2019)
- rational plan on Monday’s Friday Reads – 13 May 2019 (15:21, 18 May 2019)
- timbeau on Friday Reads – 17 May 2019 (07:42, 18 May 2019)