TfL have issued a press release confirming a number of fares for the Elizabeth line. It can be read in full here, but the key tables are reproduced below. Peak services Heathrow to/from: 2018 Heathrow Connect fares Proposed Elizabeth Line Peak PAYG fares Difference to current Heathrow Connect fare Daily Cap London Paddington £10.30 £10.20 10p cheaper (1%) £12.50 Hayes & Harlington £6.30 £6.20 10p cheaper (2%) ...
Welcome to Reconnections’ Friday Reads. This week’s lineup: • Modernism in London’s Metro-Land (CityLab) • London Transport Museum to open two engineering-themed galleries (DesignWeek) • Transit State of the Art (Reconnections) • Exquisite tunnel symmetry (Creator.Vice) • Munich puts people before cars to transit work better (TreeHugger) • Anti-sexual harrassment transport campaigns (SmartRailWorld) • Paris starts on demand night bus stops to fight harassment ...
Transport conferences can be technically dry affairs, policy wankfests, or both. Whilst there were a few monotone speakers at the Union Internationale des Transports Public (UITP), the global bi-annual event, hosted by Montréal, Canada in May 2017 was not in either of those categories. There were more interactive panels, digital poster sessions and workshops than ‘one way’ expert-to-audience presentations, as this summit featured technology and ideas in addition to transit ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Long Branch Mike on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (18:56, 21 August 2019)
- Snowy on The Queen vs DfT: Questioning the East Anglia Franchise (16:08, 21 August 2019)
- Graham H on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (14:35, 21 August 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (14:45, 19 August 2019)
- AlanBG on Friday Reads – 16 August 2019 (14:02, 19 August 2019)