London Electric Vehicle Company – LEVC – the company behind the zero-emission capable black cab, has handed over its first new model for use in the capital. The vehicle, dubbed the TX eCity is powered by a battery electric powertrain with a 1.3 litre petrol engine, made by Volvo. The technology allows for a range of over 400 miles including over 70 miles range with zero emissions. LEVC believes the taxi can ‘play a major role’ in helping to improve air quality in the capital. Cab driver ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Aleks on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (23:50, 16 October 2018)
- Verulamius on A Study In Sussex part 13: Norwood Junction (14:28, 16 October 2018)
- ngh on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (12:34, 15 October 2018)
- dm1 on Friday Reads – 12 October 2018 (12:03, 14 October 2018)
- Long Branch Mike on Friday Reads – 5 October 2018 (14:23, 13 October 2018)