London Electric Vehicle Company – LEVC – the company behind the zero-emission capable black cab, has handed over its first new model for use in the capital. The vehicle, dubbed the TX eCity is powered by a battery electric powertrain with a 1.3 litre petrol engine, made by Volvo. The technology allows for a range of over 400 miles including over 70 miles range with zero emissions. LEVC believes the taxi can ‘play a major role’ in helping to improve air quality in the capital. Cab driver ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Mark Townend on Crossrail: Getting a Grip (01:46, 16 January 2019)
- BGORUG SECRETARY on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (01:38, 16 January 2019)
- RayJayK on A Study in Sussex (Part 14): The Beginnings of Big Changes (22:29, 14 January 2019)
- Twopenny Tube on Narrowing the Options and Raising the Cash: The Battersea Northern Line Extension Moves Forward (09:16, 12 January 2019)
- Graham H on Crossrail: Timetable for Success? (08:28, 12 January 2019)