London Electric Vehicle Company – LEVC – the company behind the zero-emission capable black cab, has handed over its first new model for use in the capital. The vehicle, dubbed the TX eCity is powered by a battery electric powertrain with a 1.3 litre petrol engine, made by Volvo. The technology allows for a range of over 400 miles including over 70 miles range with zero emissions. LEVC believes the taxi can ‘play a major role’ in helping to improve air quality in the capital. Cab driver ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Pedantic of Purley on Crossrail: Timetable for Success? (16:11, 17 August 2018)
- Paying Guest on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (15:49, 17 August 2018)
- JFN on Friday Reads – 17 August 2018 (12:51, 17 August 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (09:28, 17 August 2018)
- Jim Elson on Friday Reads – 10 August 2018 (18:24, 16 August 2018)