London Electric Vehicle Company – LEVC – the company behind the zero-emission capable black cab, has handed over its first new model for use in the capital. The vehicle, dubbed the TX eCity is powered by a battery electric powertrain with a 1.3 litre petrol engine, made by Volvo. The technology allows for a range of over 400 miles including over 70 miles range with zero emissions. LEVC believes the taxi can ‘play a major role’ in helping to improve air quality in the capital. Cab driver ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Taz on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (19:37, 23 February 2018)
- ap on Crossrail: Cutting it Fine (14:22, 23 February 2018)
- Herned on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (10:42, 22 February 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on How Can You Mend A Broken Railway? Thameslink and the Gibb Report (21:37, 21 February 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on Horrible Holborn: When Postponement Is Not An Option (19:59, 21 February 2018)