“When I was at school I liked art.” Says Michèle Dix CBE, Managing Director of Crossrail 2, when we ask her how she began her journey to the world of London transport. “I liked drawing, creating stuff and science. And then someone mentioned engineering and I thought ‘well civil engineering actually combines those.’ ” “So I did civil engineering and liked it.” She explains. “But the bit I liked was actually the transport stuff. I don’t know why! But I just liked transport ...
SurferLab is built around a core theme which concerns embedding artificial intelligence based processing capabilities in complex mobile systems (trains, cars, planes, trucks…) to implement and optimize various control, monitoring and diagnosis (health monitoring) functions. The aim is to make these systems more intelligent, more autonomous, and capable of adapting to the unexpected. It is assumed that these systems are immersed in a fleet interacting with a control or maintenance centre ...
New story alerts
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham H on Friday Reads – August 18, 2017 (19:04, 20 August 2017)
- Pedantic of Purley on Why capacity won’t increase on Southeastern Metro any time soon (11:27, 20 August 2017)
- Al Daw on c2c: The Timetables, They Are A-Changin’ (21:58, 19 August 2017)
- Pedantic of Purley on The Surprise Contender: Sutton Tramlink (09:56, 18 August 2017)
- Graham Feakins on The Kent Route Study (Part 4): Victoria – Dartford, the Forgotten Southeast Service (01:24, 18 August 2017)