With talk of improvements to both track layout and platforms as a result of the HLOS 2 statement, it is easy to forget that Waterloo has actually already seen some work recently. It may not be comparable to the extensive works we’ve seen at Blackfriars or Kings Cross, but the new Mezzanine at the station is now open, and the Waterloo East gateline refurbished. Pictures of both can be found below and come courtesy of jodastephens and Fandroid.
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- ap on Crossrail: Cutting it Fine (14:22, 23 February 2018)
- Hayes Cyclist on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (21:41, 22 February 2018)
- Herned on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (10:42, 22 February 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on How Can You Mend A Broken Railway? Thameslink and the Gibb Report (21:37, 21 February 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on Horrible Holborn: When Postponement Is Not An Option (19:59, 21 February 2018)