With talk of improvements to both track layout and platforms as a result of the HLOS 2 statement, it is easy to forget that Waterloo has actually already seen some work recently. It may not be comparable to the extensive works we’ve seen at Blackfriars or Kings Cross, but the new Mezzanine at the station is now open, and the Waterloo East gateline refurbished. Pictures of both can be found below and come courtesy of jodastephens and Fandroid.
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- ngh on The Kent Route Study (Part 2): Crossrail to Gravesend (10:56, 24 April 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (10:02, 24 April 2018)
- ngh on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (08:39, 24 April 2018)
- Graham H on Third Ryde Tube: Transfer Troublesome (08:22, 24 April 2018)
- James Lynch on The Past, Present and Future of Metropolitan Line Services: Part 2 (21:25, 22 April 2018)