With talk of improvements to both track layout and platforms as a result of the HLOS 2 statement, it is easy to forget that Waterloo has actually already seen some work recently. It may not be comparable to the extensive works we’ve seen at Blackfriars or Kings Cross, but the new Mezzanine at the station is now open, and the Waterloo East gateline refurbished. Pictures of both can be found below and come courtesy of jodastephens and Fandroid.
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Briantist on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (07:07, 19 June 2018)
- ngh on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (06:50, 19 June 2018)
- Aleks on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (Part 1): A Brief History of Thameslink (01:07, 19 June 2018)
- Littlejohn on Thameslink The Musical Act 4, Scene 3: The Grayling Letter (12:05, 18 June 2018)
- Aleks on Upgrading the Piccadilly (18:02, 17 June 2018)