With talk of improvements to both track layout and platforms as a result of the HLOS 2 statement, it is easy to forget that Waterloo has actually already seen some work recently. It may not be comparable to the extensive works we’ve seen at Blackfriars or Kings Cross, but the new Mezzanine at the station is now open, and the Waterloo East gateline refurbished. Pictures of both can be found below and come courtesy of jodastephens and Fandroid.
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Pedantic of Purley on The London Reconnections 2018 Christmas Quiz (01:26, 11 December 2018)
- Aleks on Crossrail: A Hole New World (02:22, 11 December 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Back to the Future: (Re)lengthening and Shortening at Waterloo (00:36, 11 December 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on More Trains for London Overground: A Bargain Never to be Repeated (23:03, 9 December 2018)
- Man of Kent on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (21:04, 9 December 2018)