IanVisits, who is unfortunately a far better spotter of exciting Open House opportunities than this author, made use of the recent Open House weekend to pay a visit to West Ham bus garage. This resulted in a number of excellent images of the garage and the buses it contains. Relocated to make way for the Olympics, the bus garage now occupies a much-reworked old Parcel Force depot. As we reported back in 2009, the depot has a rather unique green roof, which is intended to facilitate the capture ...
Euston Concept Design Architects Aedas have been appointed to oversee a revamp of the existing concourse at Euston staton. In their own words: Aedas has developed a coherent language for the station wayfinding, retail signage and advertising, ensuring they are integrated into the station architecture. Improvements to the passenger experience will be provided by better connection between internal and external concourses, simplifying routes to the platforms and improving passenger information. ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham H on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (08:28, 26 June 2019)
- Sledge on In Pictures: The DLR at Twenty Five (16:57, 25 June 2019)
- Greg Tingey on London’s First Highway: The East London River Crossings (10:31, 25 June 2019)
- Graham H on Bakerloo Déjà Vu: Buying New Trains for the DLR (08:13, 25 June 2019)
- Excalabur on Monday’s Friday Reads – 24 June 2019 (12:30, 24 June 2019)