By July 2020, the European rail sector should implement IRS 90930, a new standard in energy measuring. It includes the installation of onboard Energy Measuring Systems (EMS) in the locomotives and passenger trains as well as the data exchanges on ground. Bart van der Spiegel, an expert in energy management at Infrabel, talks to RailTech.com about this improvement and its significance for the railway undertakings in Europe. “The IRS 90930 will replace the UIC 930 Leaflet issued in 2009,” says ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- IslandDweller on Crossrail: Reading the Future (16:52, 18 November 2019)
- Ivan on Monday’s Friday Reads – 18 November 2019 (10:28, 18 November 2019)
- timbeau on Third Ryde Tube: Transfer Troublesome (09:28, 18 November 2019)
- Pedantic of Purley on More Trains for London Overground: A Bargain Never to be Repeated (09:27, 18 November 2019)
- Garry Brown on Friday Reads – 15 November 2019 (16:03, 16 November 2019)