• 80,000 homes could be built on London parking spaces (Homes&Property) • Royal Mail rolling out all-electric vans (Engadget) • Manchester plans for London style transport fare zone (RailTechnology) • How Merseyrail dared to be different (UrbanTransportGroup) • Tramway renaissance & urban redevelopment in France (MiscGeographica) • The multilevel metropolis and urban skyways (PlacesJ) • Experimental hydrogen powered boat visiting London (IanVisits) How Uber operates in ...
SNCF, SNCB and the Patina Rail investment vehicle announced on September 27 their intention to combine the Eurostar and Thalys high speed rail operations, reporting that outline proposals were being presented to their respective boards. The proposed merger is being taken forward under a project branded Green Speed. SNCF already holds majority shares in both operators, with SNCB also having minority stakes in both. Canadian pension fund Caisse de Dépot et de Placement du Québec and Hermes GPE ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Danielnal on High Speed Buffers? HS2 in London (Part 1) (05:44, 17 October 2019)
- Paul on A Short History of Crossrail 2: Part 2 – Underlying factors (00:06, 17 October 2019)
- quinlet on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (21:59, 16 October 2019)
- Pedantic of Purley on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (20:56, 16 October 2019)
- J. Elson on The Waterloo Link (16:47, 16 October 2019)