As summer temperatures rise, concern rises also over the rising temperatures in the underground environment of overcrowded metro systems that include above and below ground sections and have no sub-surface cooling systems. Following on from his previous papers, Calvin Barrows, makes the case for painting trains with high-performance solar reflective paint and fitting low emissivity glass windows as a cost effective method of addressing the issues retrospectively in older metro systems. Even ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- JC on Crossrail: Progressing but slipping (21:40, 12 November 2019)
- AlisonW on Friday Reads – 22 November 2019 (21:18, 8 November 2019)
- Neil on The Rise and Fall of a Vision: Wrightbus Enters Administration (11:02, 8 November 2019)
- Aleks on London’s First Highway: The East London River Crossings (10:11, 8 November 2019)
- Littlejohn on Monday’s Friday Reads – 4 November 2019 (14:29, 7 November 2019)