As summer temperatures rise, concern rises also over the rising temperatures in the underground environment of overcrowded metro systems that include above and below ground sections and have no sub-surface cooling systems. Following on from his previous papers, Calvin Barrows, makes the case for painting trains with high-performance solar reflective paint and fitting low emissivity glass windows as a cost effective method of addressing the issues retrospectively in older metro systems. Even ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham Feakins on Monday’s Friday Reads – 16 September 2019 (01:47, 17 September 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Friday Reads – 13 September 2019 (16:29, 16 September 2019)
- Paul S on Third Ryde Tube: Transfer Troublesome (16:06, 16 September 2019)
- Eric on Monday’s Friday Reads – 9 September 2019 (08:31, 16 September 2019)
- Nameless on Friday Reads – 6 September 2019 (08:36, 12 September 2019)