The Palo Alto Research Centre (PARC) uses the industrial internet of things and artificial intelligence to develop new predictive rail maintenance and performance management technologies. Passenger rail services in Japan have become a byword for efficiency, and the network spanning more than 27,000km remains one of the most utilised, punctual and least subsidised in the world. Ensuring that operations and maintenance (O&M) work is carried out in a timely fashion is central to this success. ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- NickBxn on Monday’s Friday Reads – 21 October 2019 (00:41, 22 October 2019)
- Greg Tingey on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (15:43, 21 October 2019)
- quinlet on A Short History of Crossrail 2: Part 2 – Underlying factors (09:16, 21 October 2019)
- quinlet on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (09:14, 21 October 2019)
- James Bunting on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (18:09, 19 October 2019)