Thre Amstelveen hybrid tram/light metro line linking Amsterdam South and Amstelveen Westwijk closed on the night of March 2-3, 2019 for conversion to a conventional tram line under a €300m project which is due to be completed by the end of 2020. The Amstelveen line opened in 1990 as a hybrid system for operation by conventional trams and light metro trains with through running over the Amsterdam metro network, which necessitated bi-level station platforms. Most of the line follows the central ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Stationless (no more) on The Man Who Painted London Red (02:34, 23 September 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Senior mobility crisis of declining options (18:50, 22 September 2019)
- Londoner in Scotland on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (17:34, 22 September 2019)
- Bob on Friday Reads – 20 September 2019 (15:14, 21 September 2019)
- Reynolds953 on Friday Reads – 13 September 2019 (14:50, 21 September 2019)