Thre Amstelveen hybrid tram/light metro line linking Amsterdam South and Amstelveen Westwijk closed on the night of March 2-3, 2019 for conversion to a conventional tram line under a €300m project which is due to be completed by the end of 2020. The Amstelveen line opened in 1990 as a hybrid system for operation by conventional trams and light metro trains with through running over the Amsterdam metro network, which necessitated bi-level station platforms. Most of the line follows the central ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Greg Tingey on Friday Reads – 19 July 2019 (23:26, 19 July 2019)
- Stewart on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (11:04, 19 July 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (10:57, 19 July 2019)
- Aleks on Monday’s Friday Reads – 15 July 2019 (19:59, 17 July 2019)
- timbeau on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (22:07, 16 July 2019)