Celebrating 18 Years of TransMilenio: Growing Pains and What Lies Ahead for Bogotá’s BRT Eighteen years ago, I was deputy general manager of TransMilenio S.A., the city agency running Bogotá’s brand new bus rapid transit (BRT) system. It was amazing to be there at the start of operations for this system knowing that it took just three years from idea to implementation. On our first day, December 21, 2000, we had 23,000 riders, a figure that grew very rapidly in the following weeks. Initial ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Stationless (no more) on The Man Who Painted London Red (02:34, 23 September 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Senior mobility crisis of declining options (18:50, 22 September 2019)
- Londoner in Scotland on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (17:34, 22 September 2019)
- Bob on Friday Reads – 20 September 2019 (15:14, 21 September 2019)
- Reynolds953 on Friday Reads – 13 September 2019 (14:50, 21 September 2019)