Throughout TfL’s recent trials and tribulations, there seemed to be one major project that remained on schedule. It was also largely on budget, but facing ‘cost pressures’. Unlike just about every other substantial TfL project, things seemed to be going well with all aspects of the Bank Station Upgrade. Until now. It is time to look at some of the non-financial consequences of delays to Crossrail. This means that, once again, we must look at plans for the Northern line. We also ...
At a Bay Area summit devoted to electric scooters and other new mobility devices, fans evangelized about the potential of technology. But safety was an afterthought. Inside a luminous former factory on the Bay Area waterfront last week, software geeks, VCs, and sundry tech evangelizers zipped around on electric bikes, scooters, and hoverboards. Industry representatives from Jump, Spin, and Lyft hawked their compact transportation widgets. This was the Micromobility Conference, billed online as ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Danielnal on High Speed Buffers? HS2 in London (Part 1) (05:44, 17 October 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on A Short History of Crossrail 2: Part 2 – Underlying factors (08:56, 17 October 2019)
- quinlet on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (21:59, 16 October 2019)
- DH not in RTW on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (08:49, 17 October 2019)
- J. Elson on The Waterloo Link (16:47, 16 October 2019)