Philippa Edmunds, Freight on Rail Manager explains how Government should align its rail freight policies with comparative industries. The Committee on Climate Change (CCC) report, issued on June 28, 2018 paints a damning picture of the Government’s environmental record on transport, which is now the largest emitting sector of the UK economy. Transport is the only sector which grew between 2012 and 2017 and is responsible for 28 per cent of overall UK carbon dioxide emissions. In 2017, HGVs ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Greg Tingey on ULEZ: Why The (Slightly) Lower Emission Zone Matters (17:12, 26 May 2019)
- timbeau on Friday Reads – 24 May 2019 (16:11, 26 May 2019)
- Margret Thatcher on The Importance of Being Earnest: Making the Case for Crossrail 2 (14:17, 26 May 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Monday’s Friday Reads – 20 May 2019 (12:53, 26 May 2019)
- timbeau on In Pictures: Overground Class 710s Enter Service (21:44, 25 May 2019)