THE French state will provide €30m to modernise rolling stock used on the country’s two remaining overnight trains and ensure their continued operation into the next decade, transport minister Mrs Elisabeth Borne announced during a visit to the Hautes-Alpes region on September 22. The Paris – Briançon and Paris – Rodez/Latour-de-Carol Intercités de Nuit couchette services operated by French National Railways (SNCF) were the only overnight trains to survive the government’s 2016 ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- anthony collyer on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (10:59, 17 August 2019)
- Simon Colenutt on Friday Reads – 16 August 2019 (07:08, 17 August 2019)
- Graham H on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (22:31, 16 August 2019)
- Paul S on Monday’s Friday Reads – 12 August 2019 (20:02, 16 August 2019)
- Betterbee on Monday’s Friday Reads – 5 August 2019 (02:23, 12 August 2019)