Autonomous boats that offer high manoeuvrability and precise control could help to reduce congestion in cities that rely heavily on their waterways, such as Amsterdam and Bangkok. MIT researchers have developed the boats which can be rapidly 3D printed using a low-cost printer, making mass manufacturing more feasible. “Imagine shifting some infrastructure services that usually take place during the day on the road – deliveries, garbage management, waste management – to the middle ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- John Hudson on The Man Who Painted London Red (11:40, 22 September 2019)
- DaveN on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (10:07, 22 September 2019)
- Eric on Senior mobility crisis of declining options (08:34, 22 September 2019)
- Bob on Friday Reads – 20 September 2019 (15:14, 21 September 2019)
- Reynolds953 on Friday Reads – 13 September 2019 (14:50, 21 September 2019)