The Feds sued the MTA and NYC Transit Authority on Tuesday for renovating a Bronx subway station without making it accessible to the disabled. The Manhattan U.S. Attorney’s office joined a lawsuit from the Bronx Independent Living Services, backing its complaint that the Middletown Rd. station on the No. 6 line lacked elevators after it was closed for an expensive renovation. “There is no justification for public entities to ignore the requirements of the (Americans With Disabilities Act) 28 ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Greg Tingey on 55 Broadway’s Future Under Review (21:21, 18 September 2019)
- Ralph on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (19:09, 18 September 2019)
- Londoner in Scotland on Monday’s Friday Reads – 16 September 2019 (17:45, 18 September 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Friday Reads – 13 September 2019 (16:29, 16 September 2019)
- Paul S on Third Ryde Tube: Transfer Troublesome (16:06, 16 September 2019)