The Feds sued the MTA and NYC Transit Authority on Tuesday for renovating a Bronx subway station without making it accessible to the disabled. The Manhattan U.S. Attorney’s office joined a lawsuit from the Bronx Independent Living Services, backing its complaint that the Middletown Rd. station on the No. 6 line lacked elevators after it was closed for an expensive renovation. “There is no justification for public entities to ignore the requirements of the (Americans With Disabilities Act) 28 ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- jason leahy on Monday’s Friday Reads – 18 November 2019 (00:07, 19 November 2019)
- ngh on Crossrail: Reading the Future (19:36, 18 November 2019)
- timbeau on Third Ryde Tube: Transfer Troublesome (09:28, 18 November 2019)
- 100andthirty on More Trains for London Overground: A Bargain Never to be Repeated (07:26, 19 November 2019)
- Garry Brown on Friday Reads – 15 November 2019 (16:03, 16 November 2019)