It’s that time of year again. Advent calendars are being opened, presents purchased and the tabloids are preparing their ‘outrage’ pieces about vital Christmas works. That means, of course, that is time for the London Reconnections Christmas Transport Quiz. An annual tradition, the Christmas Quiz tests not only your transport knowledge but also your ability to think laterally. The questions are intended to vary between easy and difficult, but not impossible – or at least not ...
The Royal Oak are kind enough to normally let us have their upstairs room for free. Unfortunately, due to their Christmas commitments, they can’t do that this week. So there will not be an official meetup this week at the Royal Oak, as December is not a good time to be trying to find a space downstairs! The good news is that there are still a couple of opportunities to catch up with us for a Christmas drink: This Thursday (14 December) at the Half Moon pub in Half Moon Lane in Herne Hill A ...
Just over a mile south of Stirling station was what was once considered to be Scotland’s highest risk footpath crossing. St Ninian’s crossing was located on Millhall Road and, although it had been closed to road traffic for many years, it remained open for pedestrian use. Within just a two-minute walk from the town’s Braehead and Broombridge housing estates, this crossing was heavily used. Tragically, it had seen an atypical number of incidents, with one fatality and six near misses ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- ngh on Don’t Bank on Crossrail (02:36, 18 February 2019)
- Graham H on Friday Reads – 15 February 2019 (22:22, 17 February 2019)
- Sad Fat Dad on The New London Bridge Station: First Impressions (20:51, 17 February 2019)
- Graham H on Southeastern Detraining: Investigation over Assumption (20:05, 15 February 2019)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Garden Bridge Review: Garden Bridge Trust Transcript (Part 1) (08:13, 15 February 2019)