Electric versions of London’s famous black cabs are hitting the capital’s streets today in preparation for the introduction of the Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) next year. The vehicles come with a range of new features including Wi-Fi, USB charging and a sunroof. The six-seat, battery-powered cabs have a range up to 650km and passenger fares are slated to match those of their diesel predecessors, so users can go green at no additional cost. They can travel 80 miles on a single battery ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Malcolm on Friday Reads – 13 September 2019 (16:56, 14 September 2019)
- Nameless on Friday Reads – 6 September 2019 (08:36, 12 September 2019)
- Nameless on Monday’s Friday Reads – 9 September 2019 (07:24, 12 September 2019)
- Hugh on Monday’s Friday Reads – 2 September 2019 (18:55, 7 September 2019)
- Alan Griffiths on TfL Confirm Elizabeth Line Fares (13:06, 6 September 2019)