The question of just how many Uber drivers there are in London has been at the centre of the current debate. Not least because Uber themselves have made it so. Indeed the “40,000 jobs” figure received not one, but two mentions in Uber’s immediate statement after the decision had been made. 3.5 million Londoners who use our app, and more than 40,000 licensed drivers who rely on Uber to make a living, will be astounded by this decision. By wanting to ban our app from the capital ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Friday Reads – 19 January 2018 (17:24, 21 January 2018)
- 100andthirty on Leasing Lizzie: Finding the Funds for Deep Tube (14:48, 21 January 2018)
- Briantist on Purple Train: A Look At Crossrail’s Rolling Stock (15:05, 19 January 2018)
- Jock on In Pictures: Kings Cross In The Fifties (09:47, 19 January 2018)
- Ben on The Metropolitan Line Extension: Deadline Day (14:27, 17 January 2018)