Arriva-owned open access operator Alliance Rail Holdings has confirmed it will be unable to begin its new Blackpool-London Euston service next year as planned. The company, which received approval from the Office of Rail and Road (ORR) in 2015 to launch the new service, said it had been unable to acquire the Class 390 Pendolino stock it required. In a statement, Alliance expressed appreciation for the support provided by Alstom and the Department for Transport (DfT). Although the current ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Nameless on Senior mobility crisis of declining options (16:38, 23 September 2019)
- Jonathan Roberts on Monday’s Friday Reads – 23 September 2019 (16:15, 23 September 2019)
- Jim R on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (08:25, 23 September 2019)
- Stationless (no more) on The Man Who Painted London Red (02:34, 23 September 2019)
- Bob on Friday Reads – 20 September 2019 (15:14, 21 September 2019)