UK-based rail seating provider Transcal has joined forces with consultancy Factorydesign to develop the new Aerolite train seat. Factorydesign was briefed to produce a new lighter, slimmer and comfortable seat, applied its experience of designing airline seating. The company based the Transcal Aerolite design on the Superlight Series 3 seat that was originally created for UK airline seating specialist, Acro. Factorydesign associate Matthew Fiddimore said: “Rather than being made of steel, ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- C.J.Brady on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (23:42, 14 October 2019)
- IslandDweller on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (23:03, 14 October 2019)
- Aleks on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (16:13, 14 October 2019)
- Graham H on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (19:37, 13 October 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Diving into the Fleet Part 5: The Canary Wharf Years (14:32, 13 October 2019)