With the euphoria surrounding the completion of Crossrail’s running tunnels and the subsequent dismantling of the TBMs it is easy to forget that there is an awful lot of civil engineering construction work still to be done on the project. In this article we look at the current state of work at Paddington Crossrail station. Building large, underground stations in central London is always a difficult task. This is certainly true on Crossrail, the stations for which are generally being built ...
Just a quick note to say that gift subscriptions are now an option in the LR shop. This was something that a number of readers had requested, so we’ve added a specific product for it. The price is exactly the same as a regular subscription, but your chosen recipient will receive their first issue(s) wrapped or, alternatively, receive a gift card containing a voucher code for their subscription which they can activate at their convenience. You can find the gift subscription here.
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Greg Tingey on Thirty Centimetres of Safety: An Incident At Peckham Rye (10:33, 21 November 2019)
- Anon on More Trains for London Overground: A Bargain Never to be Repeated (23:30, 20 November 2019)
- AlanBG on Monday’s Friday Reads – 18 November 2019 (18:33, 20 November 2019)
- Richard Kelly on LR Meetup at Royal Oak Pub, 14th November (16:27, 20 November 2019)
- ngh on Crossrail: Reading the Future (19:36, 18 November 2019)