Continuing what is rapidly becoming “road season” here on LR, we’d like to highlight a fascinating video that can currently be found on YouTube – the London Evolution Animation. Tracking London’s growth from pre-Roman times to the modern day, the video gives an excellent overview of how London’s roads have developed, and how London has developed around them. In later times, it highlights rather nicely just how growth spread out once rail (both underground and ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- DMVW9 on Crossrail: Finishing The Job (10:21, 17 October 2017)
- ngh on Understanding Uber: Breaking Down The London Driver Numbers (09:40, 17 October 2017)
- Stuart Winton on Understanding Uber: It’s Not About The App (06:47, 17 October 2017)
- Graham H on The Ninety Second Railway: Making the Victoria The Most Frequent Metro in the World (17:45, 16 October 2017)
- John on Old Oak Common: A Vision and Challenge For Crossrail (Part 1) (17:03, 16 October 2017)