Crossrail have released another batch of photos highlighting the work underway at Tottenham Court Road on the new Underground and Crossrail stations. The first of Crossrail’s Tunnel Boring Machines (TBMs) has now cleared Tottenham Court Road on its journey eastwards, with the second expected within the month. Indeed in total over a third of Crossrail’s tunnels have now been bored. At Tottenham Court Road itself, excavation and lining of passenger access tunnels to the Northern line ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- C.J.Brady on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (23:42, 14 October 2019)
- IslandDweller on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (23:03, 14 October 2019)
- Aleks on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (16:13, 14 October 2019)
- Graham H on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (19:37, 13 October 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Diving into the Fleet Part 5: The Canary Wharf Years (14:32, 13 October 2019)