Sandwiched between the Westway and the Hammersmith & City Line is Crossrail’s Royal Oak Portal – the point from which central section tunnelling will start in the west and the point at which trains will enter or leave the tunnelled section. Construction of the Portal has now largely been completed, with tunnelling due to commence next year. At only 21m wide, its an incredibly narrow worksite and, as the photo below demonstrates, one that borders pretty much directly onto the ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- C.J.Brady on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (23:42, 14 October 2019)
- IslandDweller on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (23:03, 14 October 2019)
- Aleks on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (16:13, 14 October 2019)
- Graham H on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (19:37, 13 October 2019)
- Long Branch Mike on Diving into the Fleet Part 5: The Canary Wharf Years (14:32, 13 October 2019)