Kensington & Chelsea have announced that they would be prepared to underwrite the cost of constructing a Crossrail station in the Kensal area. The Borough have confirmed that they would be prepared to underwrite any station constructed (currently priced at about £33m), with the intention being to claw as much of that money as is possible back through S106 contributions from developers on the Gasworks site. Kensington & Chelsea have been pushing for a Crossrail station at the site for ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Aleks on Friday Reads – 23 August 2019 (00:15, 24 August 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on The Queen vs DfT: Questioning the East Anglia Franchise (15:39, 23 August 2019)
- ngh on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (13:43, 23 August 2019)
- Taz on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (20:44, 22 August 2019)
- Reynolds 953 on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (17:26, 22 August 2019)