Kensington & Chelsea have announced that they would be prepared to underwrite the cost of constructing a Crossrail station in the Kensal area. The Borough have confirmed that they would be prepared to underwrite any station constructed (currently priced at about £33m), with the intention being to claw as much of that money as is possible back through S106 contributions from developers on the Gasworks site. Kensington & Chelsea have been pushing for a Crossrail station at the site for ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Danielnal on High Speed Buffers? HS2 in London (Part 1) (05:44, 17 October 2019)
- Paul on A Short History of Crossrail 2: Part 2 – Underlying factors (00:06, 17 October 2019)
- quinlet on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (21:59, 16 October 2019)
- Pedantic of Purley on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (20:56, 16 October 2019)
- J. Elson on The Waterloo Link (16:47, 16 October 2019)