Below are the answers to this year’s Christmas Quiz. We were amazed at the amount of entries this year, so thanks to everyone who took part. I’m happy to confirm that thanks to the generosity of various people we now have some excellent prizes to give away. We’ve finalized the prize pot is as follows: 1st Prize: A veritable transport library – Copies of “Shelterers on the Tube” and “London’s Secret Tubes,” both very kindly donated by the ...
Rob Holden has resigned from Crossrail, and will leave later this year. Holden will be a big loss for Crossrail, as arguably he’s currently the man in Britain with the most experience in leading large-scale rail/tunnelling projects – it was Holden who oversaw the delivery of HS1 on time and to budget. As a result of his experience he was also a target for the top job at Network Rail back in 2008, but ultimately elected to take the Chief Executive position at Crossrail. Speaking to ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- quinlet on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (22:50, 15 October 2019)
- quinlet on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (22:39, 15 October 2019)
- William Barter on The Waterloo Link (20:46, 15 October 2019)
- Aleks on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (16:13, 14 October 2019)
- Graham H on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (19:37, 13 October 2019)