The East London Line is fully open for business this Sunday (23 May), following a month’s preview of the Dalston Junction to New Cross Gate section. The full service takes in New Cross, West Croydon and Crystal Palace and will see trains run from around 5.40am to midnight on weekdays and Saturdays, and from around 7am on Sundays. The £1 billion upgrade includes new air-conditioned trains, four new and 14 refurbished stations, 3.5 km of new track and bridges (and renewal of older track and ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham H on Monday’s Friday Reads – 23 September 2019 (08:37, 24 September 2019)
- Ivan on Senior mobility crisis of declining options (17:24, 23 September 2019)
- Jim R on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (08:25, 23 September 2019)
- Stationless (no more) on The Man Who Painted London Red (02:34, 23 September 2019)
- Bob on Friday Reads – 20 September 2019 (15:14, 21 September 2019)