Transport firm Arriva is to be taken over by the public-owned German railway operator Deutsche Bahn for £1.6bn. Arriva, the UK’s third largest transport firm, have been the subject of buyout ever since rumours since French firm SNCF made an approach for them last year, and Deutsche Bahn finally confirmed this morning that their own bid for Arriva had been successful. Arriva are most widely known for their railway activities – they run a significant portion of Wales’ rail ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- quinlet on Crossrail: The Western Approach? (22:50, 15 October 2019)
- quinlet on Fare Whom The Bell Tolls: The end of the TfL Ticket Office? (22:39, 15 October 2019)
- William Barter on The Waterloo Link (20:46, 15 October 2019)
- Aleks on Extending the Bakerloo: It’s Not About Transport (16:13, 14 October 2019)
- Graham H on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (19:37, 13 October 2019)