Transport firm Arriva is to be taken over by the public-owned German railway operator Deutsche Bahn for £1.6bn. Arriva, the UK’s third largest transport firm, have been the subject of buyout ever since rumours since French firm SNCF made an approach for them last year, and Deutsche Bahn finally confirmed this morning that their own bid for Arriva had been successful. Arriva are most widely known for their railway activities – they run a significant portion of Wales’ rail ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Malcolm on Friday Reads – 13 September 2019 (16:56, 14 September 2019)
- Nameless on Friday Reads – 6 September 2019 (08:36, 12 September 2019)
- Nameless on Monday’s Friday Reads – 9 September 2019 (07:24, 12 September 2019)
- Hugh on Monday’s Friday Reads – 2 September 2019 (18:55, 7 September 2019)
- Alan Griffiths on TfL Confirm Elizabeth Line Fares (13:06, 6 September 2019)