The BBC are reporting that £327m-worth of Tube Lines’ claims against London Underground for overrun costs have been dismissed by the independent adjudicator tasked with resolving the dispute. These claims related to both the Jubilee Line and Northern Line upgrade works, with Tube Lines arguing that some of the delays to these projects should be attributed to London Underground rather than them. In a nutshell, Tube Lines had argued that over the last seven years London Underground had ...
As regular travellers to Bank on the DLR will probably have noticed, the station – which has been closed for engineering works since the end of December – did not reopen today, as had been originally planned. TfL’s website now gives 1st February as the likely date for reopening. According to sources, 3-car services will also begin to appear after this date, with them likely to start being phased in towards the end of that week. Currently the intention appears to be to have all ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Eric on Senior mobility crisis of declining options (08:34, 22 September 2019)
- Bob on Friday Reads – 20 September 2019 (15:14, 21 September 2019)
- Reynolds953 on Friday Reads – 13 September 2019 (14:50, 21 September 2019)
- SE5TRAVELLER on Govia go via Greenwich: GTR and the Thameslink Timetable (10:24, 20 September 2019)
- Greg Tingey on 55 Broadway’s Future Under Review (21:21, 18 September 2019)