It is probably fair to say that Sustainable Development Select Committee Meetings to London Boroughs are not normally something that London Reconnections finds itself paying a great deal of attention to. This month’s meeting at Lewisham Council, however, did attract our attention, for the meeting featured a report for the council on possible Bakerloo Line extensions. Put together by JRC Consulting, the report looks to lay out a number of possible extension options in light of the reference ...
When the architecture of the Underground is discussed, it is nearly always to the work of Charles Holden that comment turns. The reasoning for this, of course, is obvious. In the likes of Gants Hill, Arnos Grove and 55 Broadway, Holden left an architectural legacy that few other 20th Century figures could match. Holden’s legacy, however, often serves to distract from the work of another young architect roughly ten years before him. A man who would arguably do more to define the public ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham H on CS11 London: City of Westminster v TfL (19:34, 20 September 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (19:41, 20 September 2018)
- DONALD MACKINNON on Friday Reads – 14 September 2018 (11:21, 20 September 2018)
- 100andthirty on Streamlined Modernity: Frank Pick’s Forgotten Bus Garages (07:33, 20 September 2018)
- Malcolm on Crossrail: A Hole New World (16:03, 19 September 2018)