Thre Amstelveen hybrid tram/light metro line linking Amsterdam South and Amstelveen Westwijk closed on the night of March 2-3, 2019 for conversion to a conventional tram line under a €300m project which is due to be completed by the end of 2020. The Amstelveen line opened in 1990 as a hybrid system for operation by conventional trams and light metro trains with through running over the Amsterdam metro network, which necessitated bi-level station platforms. Most of the line follows the central ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Alan Griffiths on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (20:16, 19 August 2019)
- Brian Butterworth on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (14:45, 19 August 2019)
- AlanBG on Friday Reads – 16 August 2019 (14:02, 19 August 2019)
- Paul S on Monday’s Friday Reads – 12 August 2019 (20:02, 16 August 2019)
- Betterbee on Monday’s Friday Reads – 5 August 2019 (02:23, 12 August 2019)