Thre Amstelveen hybrid tram/light metro line linking Amsterdam South and Amstelveen Westwijk closed on the night of March 2-3, 2019 for conversion to a conventional tram line under a €300m project which is due to be completed by the end of 2020. The Amstelveen line opened in 1990 as a hybrid system for operation by conventional trams and light metro trains with through running over the Amsterdam metro network, which necessitated bi-level station platforms. Most of the line follows the central ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Ivan on Friday Reads – 14 June 2019 (15:45, 19 June 2019)
- DannoH on Monday’s Friday Reads – 17 June 2019 (13:19, 19 June 2019)
- Aleks on Bakerloo Déjà Vu: Buying New Trains for the DLR (12:32, 19 June 2019)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on A Study in Sussex (Part 14): The Beginnings of Big Changes (10:32, 19 June 2019)
- Stunt_Pants on Crossrail: The Dangerous Sound of Silence (21:45, 16 June 2019)