No foolishness, real news. • Victoria Coach Station move to Royal Oak dropped (Coach&Bus) • What cities can learn from the Tyne & Wear Metro (CityMetric) • Review of ‘Britain’s 100 Best Railway Stations’ (E&T) • JFK’s TWA terminal converted into hotel (Dwell) • The boundary zone between transit & suburban sprawl (PedestrianObs) • SFO studying car-free streets (SFExaminer) • Designing safer public spaces for women (Globe&Mail) Want more? check out our ...
On Sunday 17th March 2019 Automatic Train Operation (ATO) was finally, and successfully, introduced on the Sub-Surface Railway (SSR). Next week, or maybe the week after, we’ll put the significance of this in context and look at future planned developments. Meanwhile, if an illustrated article about signals wrapped in black plastic would interest you, read on… Nice but dull One of the downsides of modern signalling is that it has none of the visual imagery of the signal gantries of ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Brian Butterworth on The Queen vs DfT: Questioning the East Anglia Franchise (15:39, 23 August 2019)
- ngh on TfL Settlement: GOBLIN To Be Electrified, West Anglia Franchise Devolved (13:43, 23 August 2019)
- Nameless on Friday Reads – 23 August 2019 (11:32, 23 August 2019)
- Taz on SSR: Towards the Proposed March 2020 Timetable (20:44, 22 August 2019)
- Reynolds 953 on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (17:26, 22 August 2019)