This presentation by Nathan Darroch MA, MIAM at the Institute of Historical Research as part of the Transport and History Series on 11 January 2018 explains why historical geography is important to the understanding of an urban railway system, and features many photos and diagrams. Darroch’s research has identified 40 different physical interfaces within TfL Fare Zone 1 alone. Understanding the historical development of and changes to the infrastructure of a city (roads, railways, ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- IslandDweller on Bakerloo Déjà Vu: Buying New Trains for the DLR (20:54, 22 June 2019)
- Greg Tingey on Friday Reads – 21 June 2019 (09:03, 21 June 2019)
- Alan Griffiths on A Study in Sussex (Part 14): The Beginnings of Big Changes (07:02, 20 June 2019)
- Ivan on Friday Reads – 14 June 2019 (15:45, 19 June 2019)
- DannoH on Monday’s Friday Reads – 17 June 2019 (13:19, 19 June 2019)