This presentation by Nathan Darroch MA, MIAM at the Institute of Historical Research as part of the Transport and History Series on 11 January 2018 explains why historical geography is important to the understanding of an urban railway system, and features many photos and diagrams. Darroch’s research has identified 40 different physical interfaces within TfL Fare Zone 1 alone. Understanding the historical development of and changes to the infrastructure of a city (roads, railways, ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- James Bunting on Operation Umbrella: Rebuilding Oxford Circus (06:31, 20 March 2019)
- Chris on 2018 Quiz: Results and Winners (01:54, 20 March 2019)
- ngh on A Study in Sussex Part 5: Up The Junction (14:47, 19 March 2019)
- Graham Feakins on Friday Reads – 15 March 2019 (01:42, 19 March 2019)
- Mikey C on In Pictures: The New Overground Class 172s (11:08, 18 March 2019)