In November 2017 a London Overground train came to a sudden halt just outside Peckham Rye station. It began a chain of events that would eventually lead to over eighty passengers standing at trackside while the electrical rail was still live.
Monocle Films travels to Paris to bear witness to the French capital’s efforts to mitigate terrorism through smart design and architecture. Watch the video
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Graham Feakins on Friday Reads – 15 March 2019 (01:42, 19 March 2019)
- timbeau on A Study in Sussex Part 5: Up The Junction (16:50, 18 March 2019)
- Mikey C on In Pictures: The New Overground Class 172s (11:08, 18 March 2019)
- Rog on London Underground: The Forgotten Digital Railway (11:01, 18 March 2019)
- Aleks on Crossrail: The Dangerous Sound of Silence (21:54, 15 March 2019)