In November 2017 a London Overground train came to a sudden halt just outside Peckham Rye station. It began a chain of events that would eventually lead to over eighty passengers standing at trackside while the electrical rail was still live.
Monocle Films travels to Paris to bear witness to the French capital’s efforts to mitigate terrorism through smart design and architecture. Watch the video
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- timbeau on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (22:07, 16 July 2019)
- IslandDweller on Monday’s Friday Reads – 15 July 2019 (21:28, 16 July 2019)
- JohnMF on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (17:34, 16 July 2019)
- [email protected] on Friday Reads – 12 July 2019 (16:41, 16 July 2019)
- quinlet on Monday’s Friday Reads – 8 July 2019 (21:44, 9 July 2019)