Electric scooters taking US cities by storm are illegal on British roads, symptomatic of English legislation that dates back to the year of Mark Twain’s birth — and still in force today. But in the business world it’s more than just an irritation. U.S. e-scooter startup Bird is struggling to get a pilot program underway in London, after trying for months to win over the city’s transit regulator and adhere to highway legislation. Executives at the company, based in Los Angeles and most ...
For the past decade, the transit center that will replace San Francisco’s Transbay Terminal has been the subject of grand plans and political controversies, struggles to stay on schedule and squabbles over costs. Next weekend, all that changes. On Aug. 12, transbay bus service will begin at the $2.16 billion Transbay Transit Center, which stretches nearly three blocks between Beale and Second streets, just south of Mission Street. East Bay commuters entering the city by bus will travel ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Long Branch Mike on Friday Reads – 14 June 2019 (16:15, 17 June 2019)
- Bob on Monday’s Friday Reads – 17 June 2019 (14:30, 17 June 2019)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on A Study in Sussex (Part 14): The Beginnings of Big Changes (12:53, 17 June 2019)
- Greg Tingey on Bakerloo Déjà Vu: Buying New Trains for the DLR (10:54, 17 June 2019)
- Stunt_Pants on Crossrail: The Dangerous Sound of Silence (21:45, 16 June 2019)