Welcome to Reconnections’ Friday Reads. This week’s lineup: • Thameslink’s Canal Tunnels open (A London Blog) • Sir Peter Hendy’s 2018 George Bradshaw Address (Rail Delivery Group) • Tube fashion (WaveyGarms) • London Tramways document display – 6 March (London Metropolitan Archives) • Boston’s best bet modernise its commuter rail (StreetsBlog) • DC’s long disused Dupont Circle streetcar tunnel being reused (Smithsonian) • Building LA’s Crenshaw ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Pedantic of Purley on The London Reconnections 2018 Christmas Quiz (01:26, 11 December 2018)
- Aleks on Crossrail: A Hole New World (02:22, 11 December 2018)
- Greg Tingey on Back to the Future: (Re)lengthening and Shortening at Waterloo (00:36, 11 December 2018)
- Pedantic of Purley on More Trains for London Overground: A Bargain Never to be Repeated (23:03, 9 December 2018)
- Man of Kent on Holy Grails and Thameslink Fails (part 2): The plan that went wrong (21:04, 9 December 2018)