Metro ridership in Washington, D.C., has plummeted over the last decade, and a large portion of defecting riders cite reliably as their primary concern. Now, the embattled agency wants to try something new: refunds. Going forward, a program called the “Rush-Hour Promise” could provide refund credits to peak-period Metrobus and rail riders forced to endure delays of 15 minutes or more. “These are very big, complex systems and things do happen every day, but from a customer perspective what ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- JohnMF on Night Trains – They’re not dead yet (11:34, 16 July 2019)
- ap on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (11:08, 16 July 2019)
- ngh on Monday’s Friday Reads – 15 July 2019 (10:09, 16 July 2019)
- John on Friday Reads – 12 July 2019 (05:45, 14 July 2019)
- quinlet on Monday’s Friday Reads – 8 July 2019 (21:44, 9 July 2019)