In an ongoing effort to improve the New York City subway system, the L Train has been subjected to a series of tests by the MTA. New fold-up seats have recently made their debut and another feature may soon been introduced. According to amNewYork, the MTA will test platform doors on the L Train’s Third Avenue station. The design is being tested following advocacy from board members and experts. Already utilized in other subway stations around the world, including in Paris and Seoul, the doors ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- Ronnie MB on Friday Reads – 17 August 2018 (00:40, 18 August 2018)
- Timbeau on Crossrail: Timetable for Success? (00:00, 18 August 2018)
- Paying Guest on Transforming Oxford Street Part 2: A Real Regeneration (15:49, 17 August 2018)
- Southern Heights (Light Railway) on Beyond Thameslink and Crossrail: A London Transport Update (09:28, 17 August 2018)
- Jim Elson on Friday Reads – 10 August 2018 (18:24, 16 August 2018)