In an ongoing effort to improve the New York City subway system, the L Train has been subjected to a series of tests by the MTA. New fold-up seats have recently made their debut and another feature may soon been introduced. According to amNewYork, the MTA will test platform doors on the L Train’s Third Avenue station. The design is being tested following advocacy from board members and experts. Already utilized in other subway stations around the world, including in Paris and Seoul, the doors ...
New story alerts
Back us on Patreon
LR is built on community support. Just £1 a month helps us keep writing.Back us on Patreon
Join us for a pint! Our meetups are on the 2nd Thursday of every month.
Recent Active Articles
- anthony collyer on Hammersmith Bridge: The signs are not good. (10:59, 17 August 2019)
- Simon Colenutt on Friday Reads – 16 August 2019 (07:08, 17 August 2019)
- Graham H on A short history of Crossrail 2 (Part 1) (22:31, 16 August 2019)
- Paul S on Monday’s Friday Reads – 12 August 2019 (20:02, 16 August 2019)
- Betterbee on Monday’s Friday Reads – 5 August 2019 (02:23, 12 August 2019)